Once you’ve thought about establishing your online casino, the real hard work starts with marketing it. Other than optimising your site with SEO and setting up PPC ads – both of which takes a lot of work – another easy, straightforward way to market your brand effortlessly is with affiliate sites.
What are Affiliates?
You’ve probably come across a few websites which advertise a lot of different online casinos, but don’t seem to be a casino themselves. These are known as affiliate marketing sites, or “affiliates”, and they make their money by promoting their online casino partners to players who arrive at their website, looking for recommendations of where to play. Think about them as the ‘middleman’ between players and online casino brands. A good way to distinguish between an affiliate brand and an online casino is to see how many games there are on the site. For example, a site like Peters Casino clearly has a variety of games to play, while an affiliate website like https://www.casinobonusar.com/ would have none immediately apparent.
How Affiliate Sites Work
Affiliate sites are used across all different industries – not just online gaming! You’ll find affiliate sites for flights and vacation packages, financial information and insurance, all manner of retail and more. Interestingly, all affiliate sites work in the same way, but using the example of a player looking for a top online casino to play at:
• A potential player looks for an online casino to play at,
• They find an online casino affiliate site, which lists several brands to choose from,
• The player chooses one they like, and are transported to a casino,
• The online casino then pays the affiliate site an agreed upon amount, which can be based on a variety of things including the amount of the new player’s first deposit, their lifelong spend etc.
Using an Affiliate Site to Help Market Your Online Casino
The basic premise of affiliate marketing sites is that they take the hassle out of finding new players, because they attract them themselves.
This is just one benefit of many:
• Attracting high quality users, who are interested in playing at your casino and being continuing loyal customers.
• The ‘extras’ provided by affiliate marketing sites including user guides, updated casino-related news and good value for money for players.
• Player support: affiliate marketing sites can sometimes step in if a player is having an issue with a specific casino, as casinos can be slow to respond sometimes.
• Affiliate marketing sites are considered trustworthy by users, and so are much more likely to convert them to players.
Other Ways to Market Your Online Casino Site
Of course, jumping straight in and deciding to use a casino affiliate site is a big decision! Having said that the results are often astonishingly effective, although some casino sites choose to try other methods of marketing, alongside or in place of affiliates. Some common methods of these are:
– SEO – (Search Engine Optimization) – this involves a skilled application of specific keywords used by players in search engines and sprinkling these across various content types and landing pages. This can be hard work and is not an advised method for someone not familiar with SEO practices.
– PPC – (Pay Per Click) – using paid Google adverts (these are easy to identify, as they say sponsored underneath) to attract potential players, which appear at the top of a search for specific keywords. One example of this is “minimum deposit” – using the correct search query will bring you to a link leading to a site like https://www.casinobonusar.com/minsta-insattning-casino/ which then contains the information needed.
– Social media – Advertising your casino or having a brand page on popular social media sites, is a popular way for casinos to find new and interested players.
Marketing your new casino brand with an online casino affiliate site is a great way to find new players – just make sure that you understand the terms of doing so, and that you’ll be paying an affiliate site part of the money you receive from new players.